English Be Verbs Sentence Structures for Grammar



Be verbs sentence building structures

1.Sub+ is/am/are+ (article) + noun.

This is a ball.

2.Sub+ be verb + adverb + adjective+ Noun.

You are very beautiful lady.

3.S+ BV+ Adj+ N/Noun Phrase (NP)

It is a nice movie.

4.S+ BV+ Preposition+ N/NP

You are in the room.

5.S+ BV + Possessive Adj Pronoun( my,our,your,their,his,her,its) +Noun

This is my book.

6.S+BV+Possessive Pronoun( mine/yours/ours/his/theirs/hers/its)

This book is mine.

7.Sub+BV+Personal-Pronoun(I,we,you,they,he,she,it)+Relative Clause

It is I who told you. It is you who invite them.

8.It +BV( is,was)+ high time+ S+ V2 (past verb)+Remaining words

It is high time you realized facts.

9.S+ BV+good at / poor in + V4 ('ing' verb)

I am good at cooking.

10.S+ BV+ to+ V1 +RW (Remaining Words)

I am to write an email.

11.S+BV+ about to + V1+RW

The train is about to leave the station.

12.S+ BV+ supposed to + V1+RW

I am supposed to meet to today/He was supposed to do it yesterday.

13.S+BV+ Adverb.

He is there/here.

14.S+ BV+ V4 +Rw ( Present Progressive Tense)

He is singing a song now.

15.S+ BV+ to + be+ V3 ( By +O). ( Future Time and Action)

This work is to be done ( by somebody)

16.S+BV+ (Article) + Adjective.

It is splendid. It is a 5 (sth) ,  I am 21 now.

17.S+ BV +supposed to be+V3

He was /is supposed to be awarded by sb

18.S+ BV+ time to + V1+RW

It is time to play chess.

19.There + BV+ (article) + N / adj+N/NP

There is a beautiful house in the forest.

20.It is/ was getting + Adj

It is getting dark./ It is getting better.

 

Blogger: Padarbind       W/M: +91 7008382228 

Comments

You can read more and gain beautiful knowledge

5 big flaws, why some are not able to speak well publicly?

Important of Content Words in English

How to improve your Grammar in English?

ଯେକୋଣସି ଭାଷା ଶିଖିବା ପାଇଁ ୪ଟି ଦକ୍ଷତାର ଆବଶ୍ୟକ ହୋଇଥାଏ |

Basic Introduction to Tense. Beginner Level

nouns plural in appearance but singular in use

Do you know your mistakes can build your communication?

Why do people think that IELTS is difficult?

Dictionary can improve your grammatical knowledge and communication in English